Monday, May 16, 2016

Haroon prefers to learn by distance

Haroon and family
I come from Pakistan. I completed my Master's degree in Finance in 2000 in Pakistan and worked in different positions in accounting. I got married in 2008 and I now have two girls. When I arrived here, I did not have any communication skills because English is my second language. So I decided to enroll in the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) to improve my English and get Certificate III in Spoken and Written English.

I have been studying with DL for ten months. Now, I feel more confident when I speak English and I'm improving everyday.  I found that studying by distance is more convenient and flexible.  If I have an emergency I can reschedule my lesson so I don't miss any lessons.  In addition, it saves me time and money because I don't have to travel to classes.

My teacher Nada concentrates on my needs and weaknesses and teaches me the Australian culture. She tries to improve my employability skills and provides me with good tips for finding an appropriate job.  She also sends me a lot of video links after the lesson which help reinforce what I have learned and learn new things as well. There are a lot of e-books on the AMEP DL website which are very helpful.

I am very pleased with my DL experience as I think it is one of the best ways to help me improve my English language faster and it suits my circumstances. 

  • How can you get the most out of your DL lessons?
  • What are Employability Skills?  Check this link to see which ones you have and which ones you need.

3 comments:

  1. Good on you Mrs Haroon and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to voice my passion for your kindness giving support to those people that should have guidance on this important matter.
    --------------------
    Learn to Read Hebrew

    ReplyDelete