Sunday, May 1, 2016

Your DL Virtual Restaurant Cookbook is here!

Feeling Hungry? Get ready to tempt your taste buds and try a new dish from the Distance Learning Virtual Restaurant Cookbook.
Over 34 students and staff from 18 countries have contributed their favourite recipes. Yum, well done!
To go to the cookbook just click on this link: DL Virtual Restaurant Cookbook These meals remind us of home, cooking in the kitchen with family and many recipes are handed down from parents and grandparents.
Take your time to browse through the delicious meals and read the recipes and reflections on why the meal is special. Here are a few students' thoughts on 'Why is this dish important to me and my culture?'

"It is the Vietnamese Mini Savoury Pancake (Banh Khot). It is important because the round shape looks like the moon and it's romantic, it also brings peace." Trinh from Vietnam.

"This dish (Asian BBQ prawns) is important to me because my mother usually cooks this dish during important Chinese festivals like Chinese New Year and the Moon Festival. I can recall many good memories when every time I eat this dish." Karen from Hong Kong, China.

 Fish Amok "is a dish my mum taught me how to cook when I was just a skinny kid-8 years old. I love to go to the markets in the early morning and buy the fresh fish and vegetables before it gets too late in the day. I like to cook this dish with my sisters and my mum when I visit my home. Lottie from Cambodia.

"I will never forget the smell of my Grandmother's house cooking beans. This is why beans are my favourite and I will eat them for the rest of my life!" Sandra from Colombia.

"Tabbouleh is important to me because it reminds me of my mother who loved it. Tabbouleh is served at all occasions in the Middle East and a meal is never complete without it." Maha D.L. teacher.

Would you like to review a recipe? How about writing a review just like on My Kitchen Rules?
Click on this link to open a worksheet with vocabulary and tips for writing a food review.

How to write a recipe review

Please write your review in the comments section below. Our home cooks would love to know what you think of their recipe. 


4 comments:

  1. It's a great cookbook! There are lots of different culture's recipes! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Selena I hope you can write a review when you try a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done everyone but the problem is, I did mine and then is not there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is all interesting to try and cook. I have tried some of the recipes before the outcome was good but not authentic because some of the ingredients are not available locally or where you are. It is overwhelming that my recipe was included to this great cook book.

    ReplyDelete